I adore recipes which are tasty and simple Everyone loves to enjoy food, but long-term sojourn in the kitchen is not something we crave. Holidays are on the way and good food is on our mind more often than usual. If you would like to taste something quick, tasty, warm and with a great aroma of olives and olive oil, give this recipe a chance. Bread with olives and olive oil simply rules!
Bread with olives and olive oil – Ingredients:
- 3 eggs,
- 1 yogurt (200 ml),
- Fill the empty yogurt cup with 200 ml of olive oil,
- Fill 3 empty yogurt cups with soft flour,
- 1 baking powder,
- Salt to taste (approx. 1 tea spoon).
- Heat the oven to 180⁰ C. Bespread olive oil on an oblong bread mold (size 27 x 9 cm) and sprinkle flour over it.
- Whip the eggs and slowly add oil while mixing. Mix the flour with baking powder and salt. Reduce the whipping speed and slowly, alternately add yogurt and flour with baking powder and salt.
- Pour into the prepared mold and bake for 30 min., or until the bread gets a golden yellow colour.
- After the bread is baked, leave it in the mold for a couple of minutes, then take it out to cool down and… enjoy!.
This was the basic recipe, however, this bread also goes great with creative “add-ons”. In the summer, I love this bread with sliced roasted peppers and feta cheese. It would also taste great with dried tomatoes. However, this variant seen on the picture above – with sliced green olives from brine – is the best thing for the festive season. Bread with olives and olive oil with little mature sheep cheese and few drops of extra virgin olive oil makes a real treat – the Istrian way. 🙂